HARMONIC CASE STUDY – VIDEO PROCESSING SYSTEMS TESTING
V.E.T.S.™ Meets Challenges
- A state government health services organization was updating their disease monitoring and outbreak management website. They had relied on UAT testing for the previous release, but wanted more thorough testing approach for this release.
- They had a very tight schedule and a need to deploy a very high quality product.
- Some of the main challenges developing a comprehensive test plan for the system were the complex jurisdictional rules and multiple language versions of the application.
Sharp Decisions’ Solution
Sharp Decisions’ V.E.T.S. QA team applied a Risk Based Testing approach in developing the Test Plan and subsequently, the Test Cases.
- Several knowledge transfer sessions with the site’s subject matter expert were a key part of acquiring sufficient understanding to produce the plan and test cases. Each of the five test cycles were monitored remotely, and the resulting issues lists were logged into the client’s issue tracking system.
- Between test cycles, test cases were enhanced to provide additional coverage and joint lessons learned sessions were used after each test cycle to improve the effectiveness of subsequent cycles.
V.E.T.S. Makes an Impact
- Over 200 issues discovered during the test cycles were remediated by the client’s development team and the new version of the website went live with minimal issues.
- An additional benefit to the client was the creation of a set of test cases covering the functionality of the system which can be re-used for future releases.